(561) 717-2500
Mon - Fri 09:00-17:00
Free Consultatıon

L Intracompany Transferee

L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager

L-1A Visa enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to its offices in the United States. Similarly, it enables a foreign company to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing an affiliated U.S. office. However, in case of establishing a new office, sufficient physical premises should have been secured and the intended business, within one year, should reach “doing business standard” which means the regular, systematic, and continuous provision of goods and/or services.

The executive or manager seeking to obtain L-1A Visa should have worked in the affiliated foreign office for at least one continuous year within the previous three years prior to admission in the United States. Business owners who have worked outside the United States for one continuous year in the previous three years, wishing to set up a business in the United States can also apply for this visa. L-1A Visa holders may be accompanied by their spouses and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. Such family members may seek admission in L-2 Visa classification.     

L-1B Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge

The L-1B Visa enables a U.S. employer to transfer a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. Specialized knowledge means either special knowledge possessed by an individual of the company’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or other interests and its application in international markets, or an advanced level of knowledge or expertise in the company’s processes and procedures.